17 May 2009

What's in a name?

Quite a lot apparently.
After posting last weeks blog, I considered that it might be time to get myself a Casual Lamer Gamer YouTube channel, as is the done thing in this crazy day and age of online videos. I tried to sign up using the name "clgamer" which turned out to be taken. I thought I'd have a look at who actually had this name, just out of interest and then I found something out. clgamer.com is actually an existing website, apparently called "chocolate lemon". Normally I'd be angry at them, but they had it first, so there's really nothing I can do about it.

But this leaves me with a situation. I need a new name. I was never particularly happy with the Casual (Lamer) Gamer anyway. I'd initially planned to call it the "Lamer Gamer", but that domain name was taken, so I settled for clgamer instead. I know I could just play around with the address, but I feel I need a catchy name.

So from this point on, I'm gonna leave the blog nameless. The address will stay the same for the time being, but the blog is self is going through a refurbishment. I've had a few ideas...
- Some niche gaming reference i.e. threeheadedmonkey
- Something about pirates and/or ninjas
- Something totally random and off the wall e.g. ninetailedpiranha
- Just lavalampbamboo

So until then, this'll be the Un-named Blog.

Turning to games... There isn't much. I've been a tad busy recently, with a Psychology and a Drama exam on Friday (as well as leaving school), then my Leaver's Ball yesterday. In what moments I've had spare, I've been playing a bit of Yoshi's Island on the GBA, which is a good little platformer. I completed it years ago, but I've been going back to get absolutely everything, which is going well. I should probably get the DS version.

Anyway, I'm all out for today. Hopefully the blog will have a name by next weekend. If not... I don't know. Stay awesome, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment