21 Dec 2009

Snow Mercy

Just some business to attend to before we get started. I am now home for a month, it being Christmas and all. I am also quite sick and have a terrible sore throat. Apart from that I'm doing great.

Also, it's snowing. A LOT. I had to push a car today, I almost fell over in a road. Not the best of times.

Right onto the matter at hand; LEFT 4 DEAD 2

After the whole Tesco Entertainment debacle, I'd been itching to give this game a go, and when Robb told be that he'd got it, I was over to his place faster than a Survivor into a safe house. When I got there, he still hadn't opened it, stating he was "worried about zombies leaping out of the box" After beating him over the head with an 360 controller for being an idiot, we started up the game.

I don't have a great history with shooters. My aiming ability has never been fantastic, and I panic under pressure and end up flailing wildly around, hoping somebody chooses to walk into the path of my bullets. Having said that, I performed pretty well in L4D2, mainly because of two things; shotguns and katanas. I charged wildly through hordes of zombies, varying between blowing faces off with a combat shotgun, and slicing limbs with manic cuts of my ninja sword.

L4D2 looks very pretty and plays beautifully. At first, me and Robb had a manic strategy of shooting anything that moved. But after a while we started to work together, with me on close-range combat, and him on automatic, long-range weapons. It was really amazing to see how our team skills developed. At the start, we would leg it from any group of zombies bigger than us. By the end of our play session, we were co-ordinating tactical attacks on Tanks. As well as hitting people with guitars.

The game really won me over, and I'd love to get it. I may pick it up in the January sales and then play some co-op over XBox Live, but this all remains to be seen.

I've been playing a lot recently, ranging between Bioshock (really scary), Prince of Persia (needlessly repetetive) and Batman (excellent) as well as Wario Land 3 (it works! Also, it's great) so I may randomly post about them at some point.

But right now I'm sick. Leave me alone, y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment