5 Dec 2009

Fupdate

'lo internet peeps. Rather subdued blog post today. I feel I have had one too many bamboo martinis, an entirely fictional drink I just made up, although I'm not sure why... Meh.

First up, I recently worked out how to hook my iPod up to the WiFi in all of my lecture halls, meaning that I can access Twitter, Facebook, the App store and the internet at large during my learning sessions. It also has the negative side effect of reducing my attention three-fold, but as any good mathmatician will tell you, zero divided by anything is still zero. But onward, to the new games!

EARTHWORM JIM! This is an old game, but has now been re-released on that developer's lottery ticket, the App Store. I've never actually seen Earthworm Jim but I've read a lot about it, and how it is actually a geniunely funny game. And here's the thing; Earthworm Jim is actually funny, and not in a bad way. The only way to describe it is like playing through a cartoon. Being attacked by several crows? Just hold down the fire button and Jim flails around comedically, blasting every which way. Want to cross a spiky chasm? Whip your OWN HEAD around a chain. There's not really many new things I can say about a game released almost 15 years ago 'cept this; IT'S FUNNY STUFF

WOLFENSTEIN! Talked about about this a long time ago, and at the time said it was fun, if not dated (shockingly) I've now downloaded the newer version, which has the Spear of Destiny levels. It's pretty much more of the same, aim in the general direction of the baddies and shoot at them. Occasionally there's a guy with miniguns. A nice way to pass the time in a particularly dull biochem lecture.

LEFT 4 DEAD 2! Well, I haven't actually played this yet, although I would like to. The other day, via a certain games journalist's Twitter feed, I found out that L4D2 was selling on Tesco Entertainment for the amazing sum of 15 quid. As a student, I lapped up this offer and looked forward to playing it as soon as I returned home for Christmas. However, Tesco then emailed me a few days later telling me the producted was "incorrectly priced" and that they had cancelled my order. How. How do you mean to price something at £37.70 and accidentally put it on at 15 pounds? If it was on for £3.77 because someone dropped a decimal I can get that, but that's not a pricing error, they just hate me. However, they very kindly (SARCASM) gave me £2 off anything in the store, so I'm trying to decide between L4D2 or...

THE SABOTEUR! This game was another one of those games that snuck up on me. When I first saw it at E3 I passed it off as a sort of Assassin's Creed clone set in WW2, but I got more interested when I found out the main character was Irish, not French. Yes, I know, casual racism is wrong and everything. I like the colour concept, and the missions look interesting. Plus, boobs.

Kay, I'm done here. Let's roll out, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment