11 Dec 2009

Stocking Up Shop

Tis the season to be gaming! That's right, I'm going HOME!... next weekend. BUT I'M STILL EXCITED!

In preperation for getting back on the Xbox, I am getting in a load of cheap old games to play until Christmas, which should both pass the time and boost my pitiful gamer score. So, in the fashion, let's run those games down together, shall we?


BIOSHOCK! Partially inspired by the recent coverage of Bioshock 2 (which looks very good) and also by the fact I've played it on a mate's console and it was pretty awesome. I like the idea of being able to upgrade a shotgun, and the fact I can combine that with telekinesis is basically my idea of some bizarre FPS-RPG nirvana. However, Bioshock is slightly scary and I haven't had a great history with scary things in the past. HOW WILL I MANAGE?!??

PRINCE OF PERSIA! (THE NEW ONE!) I liked the look of this game the moment I set eyes on it. I'm not entirely sure what you would call the art style (cell-shaded realism, perhaps?) but it looks beautiful. As far as I know the game got fair to good reviews, although apparently it's quite easy. For me this is a good thing. Easier games = faster gamerscore. I'm a wannabe achievement whore!

WARIO LAND 3! I am well aware this is not a 360 game, or infact a current generation game, but I was thinking about it the other day and remembering how brilliant it was. I have to say, maybe apart from Rayman and the original Super Mario Bros., it's probably the best platformer I've ever played. It's got non-linear level choices, multiple level endings, a wide range of enemies and power-ups, mashes platforming and puzzling brilliantly and has lovely visuals considering when it was released. I'm may even dig out my Game Boy Colour to play it as God intended. Although if I can't use it I'll use the SP.

This is all still a week away. I'm killing myself writing this.

Until then, this is me, a guy who HATED Wario Land 4, signing off until I make it back home y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment