15 Dec 2009

The Potential Death of A Cartridge by Perpetual Rain

I dunno, what do you think? This blog post title sounds like the name of a really pretentious art piece you might get in the Tate modern. It would feature neither cartridges, nor water, and be made mainly of polystyrene. And feature an apple somewhere. Okay, tangent completed.

Here's the thing about Amazon or eBay ettiquette. The moment something is sent, and I mean literally the moment (using your iPhone from the post office) you mark it as sent. This is so the people (in this case, me) who are waiting for the item in question (in this case, Wario Land 3) know to check their post box to see if it has arrived. Otherwise, it sits in the post box, ALL Saturday, a day filled with showers of heavy rain, resulting in the cartridge absorbing a fair amount of water.

Admittedly this rage could be mis-placed. I haven't actually tried the game yet, so it could work fine, but I know these cartridges. They struggled if they got a little dust in 'em, I can't bare to think how it'll handle a day of British precipitation.

However we are coming ever closer to my return to London, and my epic splurg of gaming that will ensue. I'm really psyched for Bioshock. Wolfenstein can't hold my interest for much longer.

Until next time, this is me, a guy who doesn't understand the words "end of term revision", saying I'll see y'all after the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment