20 Jul 2009

In the Zone

Okay firt off, I really the following story is both dull and makes me out to be a really geek, which I guess is technically accurate, but the the hey.

Anyone who plays Battlefield Heroes will know about outfits, but for anyone who does not yet play (WHICH YOU SHOULD cause it's free) they are essentially different items of clothing you must pay real money for, but don't actually provide any gaming upgrade. Now I'm not rich enough or stupid enough to actually fork out any money to buy the clothes, because that would be a) a waste of money I don't have and b) just too damn sad for someone as cool as myself.

But.

When I went onto the BFH site t'other day, I accidentally stumbled on this little gem of info, which was about how to get a rather cool outfit, permenantly, for free. Well sort of. The codes to get the outfit were contained inside copies of PC Zone, a magazine which I don't think I'd ever actually heard of prior to this point. So I decide I would go out and invest in one of those magazines, not just for the code, but also because it'd probably come with one of those free DVDs full of stuff.

The amount of effort I had to put in just to get that damn magazine completely outweighs the boots and trouser and DVD and strange magazine I got from it. PC Zone despite being, and I quote "Britain's Best PC Games Mag" is not sold in any of the several news agents on my high streeet, nor the supermarket, nor a service station on the M5, nor a Tesco's in Norfolk. In fact the only place that actually sold it was a WH Smiths in Bluewater, which, I point out, is miles from my home. Ultimately it was a lot of effort and an expensive magazine, although I'd imagine double sided DVDs cost a lot to produce.

But I won in the end. I got the first part of my outfit (which, incidentally I won't finish until I've started at uni) an "intresting" magazine and a disk full of freeware games (which is good because I've yet to come across a freeware game I didn't like).

Well, I'm going to bed. And as it goes, I'm eighteen years old in 11 minutes. Go figure.
G'night y'all =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm a staffer on PC ZONE (look down the credits and you'll find me), so I'm contractually to tell people this: you can now buy individual issues of PC ZONE online at the GamesRadar Shop: http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gamesradarshop/

    You won't be charged any more than you would in the high street, but you'll get a nice new PC ZONE in the post. And you can get back issues (subject to availability).

    I hope you keep buying and enjoying PC ZONE. And I promise every month we'll have a disc packed with freeware games. (And we've got some absolutely excellent ones coming up in the next few months.)

    - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. And…

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjsOHiBYs

    ReplyDelete