25 Jul 2009

eXtreme game-fest

Several things have happened over the past week. For one I am no longer a Wii owner (technically). I am however, now an XBox 360 owner, which explains the lack of updates.

Fable 2 came with the console, and I've been playing that quite a lot. First impressions are good, but it's a little repetative and doesn't know where its head is at most of the time. I also got given Web of Shadows by a friend as a birthday present, which is also good, if not a little dull at times.

I've become a real achievement junkie, fufilling certain criteria just to get them. I like the ahievements system it's a good little meta-aspect to the games which makes it feel more connected to the console. I like the dashboard as well, which is a lot friendly than the Wii menu screen. The avatars aren't too bad either. They have arms. Go them.

I have yet to get online because the wireless router costs an absolute fortune, so that's a bit of a kick in the dental region, but I'll be getting one soon enough. I'm not so much looking forward to the multiplayer as I am to getting DLC, demos, and other such things.

I've also played a bit of GTA4, which is fun, although turning a corner at speed usually results in me slamming into garbage truck, then getting jammed in an alley way. Joy. But overall, it's a laugh. Although I can't understand a word Little Jacob is saying...

Right. I've already wasted valuable gaming time, so I'll see y'all mid-week some time, when I'll be speaking about Fable 2 some more, and the problems I'm having with Portal. Oh and one last thing, thank you to Richard from PC Zone magazine for the kind words and so forth. I WILL be getting the next issue via the internet =)

Stay frosty y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment