10 Jun 2009

Tin Men of the Apocalypse

Since we last spoke, I've done too much revision, watched the lame last episode of Ashes To Ashes, got a week ahead on The Mentalist, beaten Super Mario 64 DS with minimum everything in three days, completed MGST, missed the season finale of Smallville, flunked my psychology exam, considered buying Fallout 3, watched a lot of Fallout 3 videos....



And I've seen Terminator Salvation. Oh yes.



I really don't know how to feel about it. I really wanted to hate it, I really did, but it was kinda alright... Marcus Wright was a very good character. The first half of the film mainly centres around him, which is good. In fact, it would have been better if that's who the film was about. John Connor's plight is boring, and he spends the entire film yelling at people for not listening to him. On the other hand, Marcus Wright has actual character development. Oh and he's a robot. So you know, he's awesome. When I was watching it, so many moments reminded me of games. The whole look of it was very Fallout 3, with maybe a touch of Half Life 2. Actually there's a moment in the film which is very much like this part of Concerned, the excellent Half Life 2 comic by Chris Livingstone. If you've seen the film, you know what I'm talking about =)

Terminator Salvation isn't a bad film. It's not brilliant, and it's lacking something, but I'm not sure what. I think they are making a sequel and it might have Robert Patrick in it, which can really only be a brilliant thing.

Stay awesome, y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment