1 Feb 2010

MASS EFFECT 2 (BOX) REVIEW!

I got Mass Effect 2 the other day! YAY! I I CAN'T PLAY IT! YEAH! SO HERE'S MY MASS EFFECT 2 REVIEW.

OF THE BOX.

SO. Let's get started.

As with all new games, it came in some stupid plastic wrapping. Normally these are pretty tough to get into, but this was something else. I ended up jabbing at it with a knife, which finally got through, and only slightly damaged the box art.

The box art! At the top is MASS EFFECT 2 in BIIIIG letters, which makes sense since... that's what it is in. The image below shows three of the characters, starting with Shepard. I never really noticed till now, but if you squint, and turn your head slightly, he looks like an angry Matthew Fox. With an assault rifle. Miranda looks oddly happy, considering she is probably fighting for her life, and the lives of thousands of others. But then I realise who she looks like and think... AWESOME. Jigsaw-Face man looks like he had a very late night. Or is on drugs. I am aware of his real name, for the record.

Owards, breaking through the seal on the box (which is a certificate of authenticity, telling me... it's definately a plastic seal.), to the discs. Quite surprised when the first disc swang outwards, revealing... ANOTHER DISC! Totally wasn't expecting that, but I guess it's more to be expected than say... I dunno, a cougar. That'd suck. 30 quid for a cougar mauling. That's a total rip. Side note; the disc has a little note on it which says "Do not make illegal copies of this disc" Presumably, Microsoft thinks pirates won't break the law if asked nicely.

Manual! It's got the same front as the box, unsurprisingly, but it's got black and white stuff on the inside. I'm sure the original had colour artwork, but I guess it's not the end of the world. Although from what I read on the blurb, whole planets are vanishing, so it's the end of some worlds, I suppose.

Finally, the Cerberus Network membership, telling me I case access a wealth of in game stuff. The code itself is printed on a card in the middle of the flyer, and has cut out lines. I'm thinking about cutting it out. Perhaps getting it laminated, keep it in my wallet and flash it at random strangers. I dunno.

And so that concludes my review of the Mass Effect 2 box.
It's taunting me.

Sitting on my desk.

Wanting to be played.

blurgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment