13 Jan 2010

I Wish I Was A Spaceman

HELP ME. MASS EFFECT IS SLOWLY CONSUMING MY LIFE. AND WORST OF ALL THE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE ALL REALLY OBSCURE, MEANING IT HASN'T GONE UP IN AGES.

Right then, now that the insanity is out of the way, onto the matter at hand; talking about Mass Effect.

Mass Effect is good. The story is captivating and very immersive. The talking sections have plenty of options and allow you to explore the plot as much or as little as you want. The driving sections admittedly aren't the best but as previously mentioned, I find it hilarious to drive into absolutely everything. Randomly searching the galaxy for things to do is also good fun and helps to make my character better, which I desperately need.

As I said in my last blog post, I don't enjoy the combat in Mass Effect. It feels clunky, and shooting enemies doesn't feel as gratifying as say Borderlands or Fallout 3. The biotic powers are good, so long as your opponent is standing still, and your teammates can use them properly. Admittedly I have started to adapt my play style to suit the game better. It's all about seeking cover, you can't just run into combat scenarios and expect to come out the other side unperforated. Having said that, what is the point in seeking cover if the enemies just walk right behind you, perfectly shielded and shoot the hell out of you?
I've also levelled up more efficiently, putting more points into armour, shotguns and the Barrier biotic. I need all the help I can get, and my logic is, if I can stay alive longer, I have more chance of hitting the bastards.

It's still a hard decision on Mass Effect 2. The collector's edition costs a grand sum of £54.99, and that's a fair amount. Requires more thought. Must resolve problem.

Until next time, I will see you all on the front line, ducking for cover from a missile behind a small crate, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment