30 Mar 2009

Like a tilting iPod...

What's the best way to overcome a Monday back at work?

Spend most of it playing your new iPod game.
I bought "Rolando" at the weekend, for only £2.99. I'm pretty sure that it used to be £5.99, but I assume no-one was buying it for that much. So... yeah, three quid, ch-ching and all that.

Rolando is actually pretty good. Dunno why I say actually, I was expecting it to be good, it got 9 out of 10 on IGN for christ sake. But I'm enjoying it so far. The graphic style is very nice, although it's kinda annoying it looks a bit like Loco Rocco, cause people will think that it's a cheap knock off, which I can safely say that it isn't. The controls are some of the best I've seen on the iPod, with the tilt controls working really well. The little Rolandos who can stick to walls have a strange control method but once you get past that, it works really well. The variety of puzzles I've tackled so far have been pretty challenging, but nothing impossible. Still got three worlds to go though, so things can only get better. Or worse. Obviously.

Makes me wonder though, if the iPod touch gets a wave of good games like this, could it come to be considered a "proper" games console? I got Spore: Origins, and well... it was pretty crap. de Blob was alright for about 10 minutes, and the tilt didn't work. But those were early games, and now, maybe it's time for the iPod touch to mature. It just needs its killer app, which is a term incredibly appropriate for the context.

GREAT NEWS! I've completed Phantom Hourglass! So no more blogs about Zelda! I really enjoyed the last boss, although his final form really had me stumped for a while. Here was me trying out all my availiable weapons, and it never occured to me to USE THE BLOODY SWORD I SPENT THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE GAME GETTING! I really am a grade A Noob. Or is that grade F? I dunno.
The ending was alright. I felt a bit cheated by it if I'm honest. I won't ruin it for anyone who wants to actually play it, but, you know, ever played Link's Awakening?

Actually it reminds me of a comic I saw once... Hold on, lemme just trawl the net for it... Heh trawl, that works cause it's about the sea... Okay, it's dreadful...

Ah-ha! I didn't do this clearly. But if you ignore the weird "art" and the slightly surrealness of it all, it's vaguely borderline humourous. Also, it won't make a lick of sense unless you've played Link's Awakening;

http://ganonstower.com/comics/eponacomic14.jpg

Enjoy!

And with this I bid you adieu, farewell, and other goodbyes until Thursday cometh.

No comments:

Post a Comment