20 Nov 2009

Wicky-Wicky-Wickah

I think my DJ name would either be DJ Tongue Skills, or DJ Improbability. Both of these would look pretty good on a flyer.

I've been mucking around with this interesting little distraction a bit recently. I've always liked the idea of being able to make my own music but unfortunately I have never the cognitive cpacity or the intiative to actually get into. "DJ Sheepwolf" is good for a laugh, but I'd like something like that with more samples, and maybe if I could get a keyboard set-up with it... Here I go off on my wild fantasies of creating crazy rock-electro fusion bands... You'll know if I've made it cause the band will be called "GoneFission".

Mixing up some "phat beats" on the web inspired me to have a look at DJ Hero. Although it has a hefty price tag, it's something I'd love to play. I may even consider buying it at some point in the future, although not until I've tried it first. Despite looking at numerous videos and reading several descriptions, I can't understand how you carry out the on-screen instructions.
The price point is way too high though. The basic pack is almost 100 quid, and the Renegade edition, despite having an AWESOME name, just isn't worth the 170 pound outlay.



Well, that's all for now, but you can find me, DJ Mousemat, at the venue, y'all!

Oh, and by the way, if you wanna find out more about Dj Hero, check out this rather nifty site; http://djhero.org.uk, it's pretty good on info about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment