26 Oct 2012

Videogames?

VIDEOGAMES!

Wahey. Jokes. But more on that later.

Borderlands 2 is still taking up most of my gaming time, which is to say, I am still enjoying it. Me and Harriet drifted apart level-wise, so we both started new Mechromancer characters together. There's something wonderfully cathartic about watching a pair of  giant floating robot torsos tear into a nearby pack of marauders. I really should at least finish the game once at some point, since I'm told the ending is worth seeing.

Another thing I have been playing is this;

This is sort of like Mario's private island.
With its own chalet and... giant statue of the owner



I picked up Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins on the Nintendo eWhatever, on what was mostly a nostalgia trip that went on a bit long. Hey, it was only four quid. My policy is that if it's cheaper than a Subway sandwich, then it's not too expensive. And I'm not talking about the crap Subs like a Tuna Mayo or Ham. I'm talking a proper good one, like a Subway Melt, or that one that they hide at the bottom of the menu because it's got far too many calories to advertise properly. You know the one, it's a Chicken and Bacon Ranch Melt or something and it's full of meat and cheese. Wait, what was I talking about?

It's a good thing no-one actually reads this blog,
or Rob Florence would probably be having a go at me right now

Back to the point. 6 Golden Coins has been the perfect accompaniment to my commute. The fond memories I have of that game are all of someone else owning it, and me playing it on holidays on a classic first edition Gameboy. I always remember 6GC being ROCK HARD. At the very least, me and my friends would get one, maybe two coins on a good day, but inevitably die on one of the bosses and run out of lives.

This time around it went a little better, and I was on the final level after three days of playing. Turns out the whole "difficult game thing" was just me being an idiot child. No surprise there then.

IN OTHER NEWS: I was emergency guest on Midnight Resistance the other week, and had a great time filling space between then and when all the good video games came out. I was doing pretty well up until about half way when I said I'd read about fragging in a book. Also, at the end I'm massively racist towards a whole country. Find out which one by listening!!

Right, I'm off. It's bed time, and also Punch Quest. Mostly Punch Quest.

See you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment